This page outlines my commitment to cleanliness and How I plan to ensure your safety and well-being.
Established from the guidelines set forth by the Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards FSMTB
Dose 1 received 1/15/21
Dose 2 received 2/12/2021
Booster received 12/16/2021
Booster received 10/08/2022
I am committed to doing all that I can do to keep you safe and healthy
Face masks are optional. You know what's best for you when it comes to choosing to wear a mask indoors. Whatever you decide, to mask or not to mask, you will be treated with respect and kindness.
Your Massage Therapist, Alison, will be working mask-free. I will absolute wear a mask upon request. It is my goal to ensure you feel safe and cared for the entire time you are at Halcyon Massage Therapy.
Everyone age 5 and older should get a booster at least 5 months after completing their Pfizer vaccination series. Individuals age 5–17 years old can get a Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine booster. Adults 18 years and older can get either of the mRNA vaccines (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna) as a booster dose. Individuals 12 years and older who are moderately or severely immunocompromised and adults 50 years and older who are not moderately or severely immunocompromised should receive a second mRNA booster 4 months after their first booster dose. In addition, people 18-49 who are not moderately or severely immunocompromised who received the Janssen vaccine for both primary and booster doses may receive a second mRNA booster dose 4 months after the first J&J/Janssen booster. People who are moderately to severely immunocompromised should consult with their specialty provider about timing and dosage of vaccines.
Before and after each massage session I will disinfect high-touch surfaces using EPA registered products including:
· Door handles
· Light switches
· Chair surfaces
· Coat rack
· Tabletops, cabinet tops and shelving
· Computer keyboard and screen
· Pens used to complete paperwork
· Massage lubricant bottles
· Massage table and face rest
· All Massage tools (stones, thumb braces, heating pad, etc.)
· Laundry storage area
Linens are laundered after each use to ensure you have clean fabrics for each session. Clean and dirty linens are stored separately in closed containers. Before handling clean linens, I will disinfect my hands to maintain cleanliness. Used linens are stored in a sealed container and washed at the end of each day.
Before and after each massage session I will thoroughly wash my hands, forearms, and elbows with antibacterial soap and water following CDC recommended procedures.
After each client departs, I begin my sanitation protocol with opening the windows to ventilate the office.
I vacuum the office thoroughly at the start and end of each workday.
I will continue to operate ‘by appointment only’. This allows for adequate time to be scheduled before and after each session to adhere to strict sanitation protocols. Please schedule your appointment online using links provided on this website.
Complete your healthy history form or update your profile with any recent changes.
Consider the following questions before scheduling your appointment:
1. Have you been asked to self-isolate or quarantine by a doctor or a local public health official in the last 14 days?
2. Have you experienced any cold or flu-like symptoms in the last 14 days (fever, cough, shortness of breath or other respiratory problem)?
3. Have you had close contact with or cared for someone diagnosed with COVID-19, or someone exhibiting cold or flulike symptoms within the last 14 days?
4. Have you been tested for COVID-19? What type of test did you have? When were you tested? What was the result?
Review the following statements:
1. I understand that close contact with people increases the risk of infection from COVID-19. I acknowledge that I am aware of the risks involved and give consent to receive massage from this practitioner.
2. I understand that my name and contact information might be shared with the state health department in the event that a client or practitioner at this facility tests positive for COVID-19. My contact details will only be shared in the event they are relevant based on suspected exposure date, and only for appropriate follow-up by the health department.
Unless otherwise directed by your primary healthcare provider, clients at higher risk of severe illness from COVID-19 should forgo massage while the virus is present in their communities.
While information is still limited, the CDC indicates that these underlying conditions place people at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19:
· People 65 years or older
· Chronic lung disease
· Moderate to severe asthma
· Heart conditions
· Compromised or suppressed immunity
· Severe obesity (body mass index of 40 or higher)
· Chronic kidney disease
· Liver disease
I will be temporarily converting to as cashless payment system. You can pre-pay for your session at the time of making your online appointment reservation.
Please note, friends and family not allowed to wait in the reception area or in the massage office while you receive your massage. Please plan on attending your appointment solo.
Clients now have the choice to wear face masks during their appointment at Halcyon Massage Therapy. The Massage Therapist will be working mask-free unless otherwise requested byt the client. (see Mask Policy Above)
Use the call box on the exterior or the building to be buzzed in, enter and take the elevator/stairs to the 3rd floor.
I will greet you at the door on the 3rdfloor, please be aware I am avoiding practices such as handshaking or hugging.
If you arrive wearing medical gloves, I will request that you remove these gloves before entry. After disposal I will request that you either wash your hands in the restroom or use hand sanitizer to disinfect your hands.
I will no longer require the uses of a no-touch thermal temperature scan to confirm your temperature is no higher than 100.4°F [38°C]. If your temperature is above 100.4°F. If you would like a temperature scan, please ask.
As always, if you have developed cold or flu-like symptoms or other symptoms suggesting illness please reschedule your massage session and call your primary care provider for consultation.
There is hand sanitizer for your used before and after the massage if you wish.
Items available for your use:
· Hand sanitizer
· No-touch trash can
· Individual single use water bottle
· single use face masks (upon request)
Gloves are worn to handle potentially contaminated linens and when discontinuous skin, blood, or body fluid is present. If you would prefer I use gloves during the massage session please request so and I will accommodate.
I will be temporarily converting to as cashless payment system. You can either pre-pay for your session at the time of making your online appointment reservation.
Schedule your next appointment by clicking here
Drinking plenty of fluids helps to keep your immune system operating optimally.
Report if you have developed any cold or flu-like symptoms or tested positive for COVID-19 after your visit to Halcyon Massage Therapy.
Massage practitioners are not authorized to share the health data of their clients without the client’s written consent. However, should a client develop symptoms of COVID-19 within two weeks of a session, practitioners should contact their local health department for consultation and guidance